CANADIAN JU-JITSU CONFEDERATION ®
- MEMBERSHIP PROGRAM -
CJJC ® Membership Information -
The Canadian Ju-Jitsu Confederation is the largest National Ju-Jitsu Organization in Canada and has been serving the Canadian Ju-Jitsu Community since 2017. CJJC's National Programs include Traditional Jujutsu, Sport Ju-Jitsu & Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. There are many benefits to joining the CJJC, and you will see each of those benefits listed here with much more to come. Read the information below to learn about our member benefits and services.
The Mission of the CJJC is to unify Canadian Ju-Jitsuka with a foundation of mutual respect for all systems of Ju-Jitsu, as well as provide services and guidance to foster Technical Excellence, Fellowship, and Human Character Development. As the Canadian National Governing Body for Ju-Jitsu, CJJC® selects, prepares and sends the Official Canadian TEAMS to Continental, International & World Level Competitions.
The CJJC is a world-class organization comprised of highly skilled and dedicated Ju-Jitsuka rich in tradition of excellence. We will provide our members unparalleled opportunities for personal growth, development, and pride. We will always strive to exceed the expectations of Our Members, the and the Martial Arts Community.
The CJJC is committed to effective communication and continuous improvement to foster technical excellence, an environment of trust and teamwork which promotes personal and organizational growth and achievement of clearly prioritized goals.
Benefits of Membership:
· National and International Programs for Technical, Philosophical and Leadership Development in Ju-Jitsu.
· A National and International Network of Ju-Jitsuka.
· "Highest Quality" Ju-Jitsu Rank and Membership Certificates for the CJJC Members.
· Written CJJC Training Curriculum & Dan Grade Requirements for all CJJC members.
· A Proper & Non-Political Promotion System for all Canadian Ju-Jitsuka.
· Technical, Administrative & Communication Assistance for Students and Instructors in Ju-Jitsu.
· High-Quality Training Books and Videos in Ju-Jitsu.
· Internationally Standardized Ju-Jitsu Competition Rules for the Ju-Jitsu "Kumite", "Self- Defense", “Kata”, “Kobudo” & Grappling Systems of Competition.
· National & International Ju-Jitsu Referee Training and Certification.
· A Professional Website for all Ju-Jitsuka.
· Ju-Jitsu Instructor / Examiner Certification.
· Coaching Training and Certification through CJJC.
· A National Headquarters with "decentralized" Ju-Jitsu Programs and Leadership.
· The development of a National Institute for Ju-Jitsu for research and development, as well as Provincial, Regional & National Training Centers for expert training in both Traditional & Competitive Ju-Jitsu.
· Local, Regional, National and International Competition Programs and Events for all members of CJJC.
· National and International Exchange Programs and Services with other Federations of the CJJC, including the United States Ju-Jitsu Federation (USJJF), the World Ju-Jitsu Federation (WJJF) & other National Organizations.
- Annual Adult Membership no insurance or rank certificate: Free per year
- Annual Dojo Membership no insurance high quality 11x17 dojo certificate: Free per year
- Annual Coach / Official Membership with insurance: $40
- Annual Competitive Athlete / Sport Membership with insurance: $40
- Annual Adult Regular Membership with insurance: $35
- Annual Teen Membership with insurance: $30
- Annual Children’s Membership (13 and under) with insurance: $25
- Life Membership: $400.00 Life with individual certificate
- Rank Homologation & Validation Fees (Note: See "Minimum Ages & Time in Grade Requirements for Dan Grades")
National Rank Certification, Validation and Promotion Fees for Black Belt Ranks:
- 1st Degree - $150.00 USD
- 2nd Degree - $175.00 USD
- 3rd Degree - $200.00 USD
- 4th Degree - $225.00 USD
- 5th Degree - $250.00 USD
- 6th Degree - $275.00 USD
- 7th Degree - $300.00 USD
- 8th Degree - $325.00 USD
- 9th Degree - $350.00 USD
- 10th Degree - $375.00 USD
Note: Life Members lock-in a “flat” discounted fee of $150.00 for any Dan Grade Level.
Below Black Belt:
CJJC now issues Kyu or Class Level ("below" Black Belt) Certificates to its Member Certified Instructor / Examiners!
The Fee for these Blank Certificates is $12.00 USD (or $15.00 USD for "Customized" certificates with Instructor's Name, System, Date, Rank & Title included).
*Dan level certification fees may be waived for new member instructors who register and certify the ranks of five black belts or twenty-five non-black belt students.
**Must hold current rank in the CJJC® National System to receive Instructor/Examiner Certification.
Membership Fees for Individuals belonging to a Partner or Affiliate Martial Arts Organization:
Current LIFE MEMBERS of a Partner Martial Arts Organization:
· Annual Membership: $30.00 per year
· Rank Certification for Ranks under Black Belt: $20.00 flat fee
· Rank Certification for Black Belt Ranks: $150.00 flat fee
Current LIFE MEMBERS of an Affiliate Martial Arts Organization:
· Annual Membership (Adult Members): $30.00
· Rank Certification for Black Belt Ranks:
1st - 3rd Degree - $150.00*
4th - 6th Degree - $200.00*
7th - 10th Degree - $250.00*
A copy, of your current annual or life membership card or certificate from a partner or affiliate organization, is required to receive the CJJC member discount
If you are a Ju-Jitsu practitioner and would like to have your rank certified by the CJJC, please read the information contained here. Note, these are the general guideline for rank promotions and certification / homologation:
All CJJC recommendations for Dan Grade promotions require (as a minimum) the following:
1. A completed (readable) Membership / "Promotion Recommendation" Form or a submitted Rank Registration Application.
2. Completed training history of the recommended member.
3. The appropriate promotion fee AND your photo (in coat and tie) to be included on the certificate.
4. A copy of the dojo or system certificate, or a letter from the instructor, or at least, the signature of the instructor recommending the promotion on the back of the form.
Note: For 3rd Kyu & above (& all Dan Grades) ranks, a copy of the dojo or system certificate or a letter from the sensei is required. When Rank Certification (Homologation) is requested, a copy of at least all dan grade certificates is required.
5. Recommended individual must be a current CJJC Member.
For National CJJC Dan Grade Validations or Promotions, the Sensei must be a CJJC JU-JITSU Certified Instructor / Examiner of at least two grades above the recommended individual. Please review the Rank Certification / Validation Procedures at www.usjjf.org.
And finally, Candidates for USJJF International Dan Grade Certification is available. However, members must first hold dan grade in the CJJC.